Welcome to the St Bede's Teaching School Alliance
We were successfully designated as a new teaching school in the summer of 2014. St Bede’s is a secondary Voluntary Aided Comprehensive School located seven miles west of Durham City. Our alliance is cross-phase with a number of primary, secondary and university partners. As an inclusive alliance we hope to play a role in supporting educational improvement in the region and in the recruitment of the next generation of teachers.
We hope this website gives you an insight into what we do and what we are about. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further information.
Our core aims:
- to grow a sustainable and successful Alliance that supports improved outcomes for young people;
- to be an outward facing partnership, committed to developing and improving conditions for learning;
- to recognise and celebrate excellence for all its members and aspire to even greater achievement;
- to effectively quality-assure school-led ITT to ensure a positive impact on trainee progression, pupil performance and the professional development of teachers.
- to provide strategic opportunities for the CPD of all staff in schools to address their career needs;
- to encourage staff to engage in innovative approaches to school-based research and development;
- to provide significant support to schools in challenging circumstances, demonstrating a capacity to develop leadership and improve teaching and learning measured by increased pupil performance and/or improved Ofsted judgements.
Our core purpose:
To deliver the National College “Big 6” agenda and to do so in a manner that ensures financial sustainability and that also brings development opportunities for our staff and benefits for the students in our schools. The training and development of new and existing staff is core to our activity